The Five D’s For Quitting Smoking
The five D’s provide a process to help smokers keep from lighting up.
Therefore, when the urge to smoke strikes remember the 5 D’s.
You could even put a post-it note with these queues at places you usually go to fulfill your nicotine habit.
By alerting your conscious mind you will support building new subconscious patterns to weaken your tobacco dependency and lay a foundation for smoking cessation.
The 5 D’s for Quitting Smoking
- DELAY for three to five minutes and the urge will pass.
- DRINK WATER to fight off cravings.
- DO SOMETHING ELSE to fight off cravings.
- DEEP BREATHE as it will relax you. Close your eyes and take 10 slow deep breaths.
- DISCUSS your thoughts and feelings with someone close to you or a support group.
cigarette addiction, deep breathing, nicotine addiction, nicotine dependency, nicotine habit, quit smoking tips, smoking cessation, smoking dependence, smoking habit, stop smoking tips, stopping smoking quitting smoking, tobacco dependency
What do you think? Please enter your comments below.